The Holistic Education Committee (HEC) is comprised of three teaching units: General Education Center (GEC), Language Center (LC) and Office of Physical Education (OPE). The organizational structure of Holistic Education (HE) is the core spirituality of NUTC. The important goals of HEC are innovation, the transformation of spirit of service into the building of personality, and the pursuit of the meaning of life.
Three main aspects
The goals of HE are: inspiring students to care about people, society and the environment; implementing the spirit of HE and experiencing the learning theory of
HE, beyond the teaching of knowledge and skill to students, based on ethics.
Two major characteristics The practice of the professional division of labor: HEC is divided into three levels, interdiscipline, internationalization and physical fitness. GEC, LC and OPE arrange courses of HE, supervise and draw up the development direction of General Education.
The professionals with special purpose to strengthen effectiveness:The HEC members let school teachers have the mechanism to transfer to different personnel department through communication and coordination ; meanwhile, HEC members invite the experts of General Education to work for GEC.
系所英文名稱：General Education Center
1. The goals of General Education (GE): Based on establishing the cornerstone of interdisciplinary talents and the spirit of innovative services, GE nurtures students with three main abilities, morality, service, and society.
2. The goals of talents are to cultivate both theory and practice, possess humanity and technology, and have a very innovative ability.
3. The goals of GE are designing the mastery of courses in line with the features of the school, student’s needs, social trends, and modern thought. The courses let students get a healthy personality and train students to have the qualities of life to recognize themselves, interact with the whole society and serve the community.
未來，為順應國際情勢，配合政府重要施政方針，落實學校校務發展計畫，語言中心將致力於創造雙E(English + Electronics)學習環境，以培育兼具「國際化視野」及「科技創新與營運模式創新」之外語專業人才為主要目標。
The Language Center set English ability as a graduation requirement for our students to improve their international competitiveness from 99 academic year on. To assist students in passing the English proficiency requirement for graduation, we regularly offer the courses for getting English proficiency certificates, invite the official institution to hold the explanation session for English proficiency tests, and hold English proficiency tests on campus. In these ways, students should be more competitive in their future career since it is of high possibility for them to pass English proficiency tests and to get the certificates.
In order to create good English learning environment, we regularly hold various activities about foreign languages, such as English/Japanese movie lectures, foreign languages contests, job interview contests, and foreign languages diagnoses. By means of such multiple learning, we hope to broaden students’ horizon and learning, which conforms to the policies of the Ministry of Education—strengthening international competitiveness and globalization.
In the future, to be in tune with the international situation, to follow the government’s policies, and to implement the school’s developmental plans, we will be devoted to create EE (English + Electronics) learning environment. Our main goal is to cultivate foreign language professionals who have international views and are creative in technology and operating mode.
系所英文名稱：Office of Physical Education
1. Teaching: 『People』is the main focus as our educational principle. Our office develops students’ creativity and critical-thinking based on diverse instruments and lively methodology; Furthermore, the ultimate goal is to establish the life-long habits of exercising by connecting the fun and courses together.
2. Athletics: Developing the foundation of team-work, meanwhile, teaching the athletics the concept of commitment, fairness, sportsmanship, and self-transcendence. Moreover, the athletics can learn the attitude of managing stress and frustration, further develop positive life-style.
Characteristics of Academic Development
1. Freshman, sophomore, and junior students in junior college and the course of Freshman Physical Education in four-year college are managed by Office of Physical Education; Teachers take the scheduled courses assigned at designated facilities. The objective of our diverse courses is to develop all-around fitness for students.
2. The courses designed for sophomore and junior students in four-year college and senior students in junior college are Career Physical Development. The courses are categorized by different sports project. Students can select and rank the courses with their best interests and later decided by computerized system.
3. Five Specialized Physical Education Categories: ball games, dance, water sports, physical training, and others. About 16 options for students to select, the detail is to build the basic skills of each sport, establish sound fitness, and develop the interest of exercising.
4. The General Education courses – exercise and health field are designed for all students include students in two-year college. Thus far there are 13 theoretical and practical courses welcomed by students with positive feedbacks.
5. Adapted Physical Education: the courses are designed for students who have not reached the level of regular physical education courses.